You may not know this, but your commercial HVAC system is a complex machine of many different parts. However, each of these parts works together to keep your business comfortable all year. Here are five facts about commercial HVAC systems that you may not have known:
1. There are two central commercial HVAC systems: packaged and split-system.
Packaged HVAC systems are self-contained units that sit on the roof or outside your business. On the other hand, split systems have an outdoor unit connected to an indoor unit via ductwork.
2. Commercial HVAC systems handle more air than residential systems.
This is because commercial buildings typically have more occupants than residential buildings. As a result, the HVAC system must be able to circulate more air to keep everyone comfortable.
3. The square footage of your building determines the size of your commercial HVAC system.
To determine the size of the HVAC system you need, your HVAC contractor will take into account the square footage of your building. They will also consider the number of occupants and the climate in your area.
4. Commercial HVAC systems are typically more energy-efficient than residential systems.
This is because they are designed to run for more extended periods and can take advantage of night-time setbacks. As a result, you can save money on your energy bills each month.
5. Regular maintenance is essential for keeping your commercial HVAC system running properly.
Just like any other machine, your HVAC system needs regular maintenance to run correctly. This includes changing the air filter and having the system cleaned and inspected yearly.
By keeping these facts in mind, you can be sure that your commercial HVAC system will be able to save your business comfortable all year long. If you have any questions about your system, be sure to contact a professional HVAC contractor.